Tuesday, April 01, 2008
In which she actually commits to shutting up
I knew something was wrong when I was on the elliptical at Gold's and the coughing only got worse. Things were inexorably bad when I started vomiting a little bit in the bathroom stall. I was like, "No way am I taking any calls today."

It had gotten to the point where it even hurt to cough, because my throat felt so bruised. What started out as a leftover cough-and-colds thing from The German Measles Episode got progressively worse over the weeks, even though I had been taking the prescribed cough syrup.

At work, I advised one of my bosses that I was in no shape to be taking calls because I couldn't even get through two sentences without coughing. "Hello, this is Julie, thank you for ca -- HACK HACK HACK, err sorry!"

Went to the doctor at Healthway ATC after my shift to see what was wrong, and if he could prescribe something to get rid of it. It turned out to be acute laryngitis, and I need a bunch of pills, a throat spray, and -- here's the interesting part -- "1 day voice rest."

I'd never actually had to take "voice rest" before, but Dr. Dudemeister recommended that I spend one entire day without talking. At all.

LOL, challenge.

It's gonna be really weird; I mean, obviously I'm staying at home tonight because Mr. Boss said that I'm useless at the office without my voice. But, like, what do you think I like to do while I'm bumming around at home? How else would I piss off the neighbors? And now, I can't sing! I can't even whisper!

So, I figured it might be something interesting to write about: What will this silly girl (who is admittedly in love with the sound of her own voice) do when she's forced to spend the whole day without using her voice? Abangan!

Maybe I'll be like Dwayne from Little Miss Sunshine, all angsty and reliant on his little notepad to convey his feelings to the world (Dwayne, in angry scrawl: "This sucks!"). Or...Maggie Simpson. Or the king from Once Upon a Mattress.
JC got bored @ 3:49 PM

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com