Thursday, December 27, 2007
Headbangin' Christmas 2007
Since everyone on my LJ page has been refreshingly frank about having less-than-stellar Christmases this year, I will be too. (You have to understand, I'm exceptionally talented at sugarcoating things, and I could have -- and would have, otherwise -- made this look like the Best! Christmas! Ever!) I wasn't feeling the Christmas in my heart this year, and I'm totally blaming the weather. It was so...plain. I missed the Christmas chill that had me giggling and feeling fuzzy inside. We even went to Tagaytay the next day just for the cold air. It was cold enough, but it was a Tagaytay kind of cold, not a Christmas kind of cold.

(Ang arte ng lola niyo! XD)

Weather aside, this Christmas was better than I'd pictured it. It was certainly the most musical Christmas I'd ever had. At 8pm, I was jamming with Jason, me on vocals, him on electric guitar (he has a Stratocaster now, no idea when that happened), and testing out which songs I could use for my Spring Awakening audition tape if I ever planned to go through with it. The chorus of "Find the Real" by Alter Bridge sounds amazing on acoustic, but the verse kinda falls flat. I think I'll go with "DOA" by the Foo Fighters. It's great for showing off range, and it sounds good on acoustic.

If that wasn't enough rocking out for one day, we spent the hours following midnight doing Magic Sing. My cousins (Michael and David, both BS Nursing students) came over, so I decided to sing this time. It amused me to find Nirvana's "Heart-Shaped Box" on the song list, and I tried it out. Memorized that song from top to bottom, so I think I did pretty well. =D

They gave my brother Guitar Hero Encore: Rocks the 80's as a Christmas present, so we played that (and some FIFA soccer game) until 6 in the morning. I am TOTALLY ADDICTED TO IT. I generally hate 80's rock, and I still think it's the gayest musical decade ever, but the game has given me a new appreciation for it. I can't stop singing the uber-cheesy "Heat of the Moment" by Asia. =)) It was the heeeeat of the moment! It reminds me of Seth Rogen's line in The 40-Year-Old Virgin:
"You framed an Asia poster? How hard did the people at the frame store laugh when you brought this in?"

LULZ.

Aside from that Asia song, my favorite Guitar Hero songs to play are "(Bang Your Head) Metal Health" by Quiet Riot, "Shakin'" by Eddie Money, "Radar Love" by White Lion (I got a 100% on this one!), "Synchronicity II" by The Police (this too!), and "The Warrior" by Scandal. My favorite character is Pandora. She strikes me as an amalgamation of two personalities, Jeff Hardy (or as I like to call him, MY BOYFRIEND) and Prince. Trust me, that's a very good thing to be. =)))) I am so in love with this game. Mege, mag Askalz' Guitar Hero marathon tayo! Like the good ol' days! =))

People had been posting their Christmas lists, as they do every year. I didn't bother with posting mine, because it would have looked like this:
My Christmas List:
1. Money


And let me tell you, I got what I wanted. ;) I actually get the same things every year, in this order:
Things I usually get for Christmas:
1. Money
2. Bags
3. Clothes

I can't decide whether my relatives are uncreative, or know me extremely well. Haha.

Seriously, I have more bags than I know what to do with. A lot of them are from LeSportsac, though, and they're adorable.

A trip to Greenbelt is in order, probably tomorrow, so I can blow all my Christmas money on Gap items, WWE autobiographies and Skechers shoes. Oh, and my brother agreed to go to the spa with me, so we'll get foot treatments together. Yes, I am actively trying to convert him into becoming a spa addict like me. Mwahahaha! >:D
JC got bored @ 8:23 AM

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com