Tuesday, March 22, 2005
Summer. Yay. *phfft*
There was this one chapter in the book Noli Me Tangere entitled "A Good Day Is Foretold by the Morning."

And if that's true, I'm in for the shittiest summer of my life, because things could not have gotten off to a worse start.

I spent the first seven days of my vacation fucking sick with influenza and bronchitis, and let me tell you, it was NOT pretty. The extent of it?

- Last Tuesday at around 10:20 pm, I was in bed trying to sleep when I started coughing violently. I rushed to the bathroom because the phlegm stuck in my throat made it difficult for me to breathe, and instead of coughing out the phlegm, I end up puking my guts out. Like, [cough-cough-BLEEARGH!]. And you know what's worse? Vomit came out of my nose, too! You ever had vomit come out your nose? WELL, IT FREAKING SUCKS! After that violent episode, I stood there staring into the toilet bowl at everything I'd had for dinner (in the form of orangey goop). The rest of it was caught in my hair.

- I cried watching an episode of Outback Jack. Outback Jack, folks! What normal person would shed tears watching a reality tv series?!?

- Said during 3.16.05: "thanks to my current illness (influenza), I can't speak (if I attempted to, it would feel like there were a zillion razor blades flying around in my throat), I can taste the blood in my mouth when I cough, my eyes are burning, my head aches, I can barely walk, I'm having difficulty breathing, every second makes me wish I were dead and no fucking way am I going to school. "

- At one point I was so ill I couldn't even get out of bed. I had to resort to banging on the wall behind me until my mom unlocked my bedroom door and saw me lying there totally immobile.

- The fact that I was sick was made apparent by my appearance: my eyes were bloodshot, my face was drained of whatever color it once had, and my hair was totally disheveled.

- My prayers changed throughout the duration of the illness. At first it was "Dear God, let me get better soon," then a couple of days later it was "Dear God, please stop the pain," and finally, "Dear God, why am I not dead yet?!?"

Oh, I'm better now, don't worry, but until my colds are gone, I can't begin voice lessons. My first days of influenza-free summer have been spent doing...whee, nothing. It's boring and it's freaking hot in here. Plus, the house is a mess, and my room is even messier. I have some unfinished business left at school, and then the scary thought of having to lead my entire batch next year is enough to send my stress level right through the roof.

I feel like Tarsilo (of Noli Me Tangere) when he was being hung upside-down above the well that they would drown him in. "If you are Christians, if you have hearts, lower me quickly or do it so my head hits the wall and it kills me." I, too, wish someone would just put me out of my misery. Summer does NOT look like it's going to be any fun from where I'm standing.

JC got bored @ 11:41 PM

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com