Sunday, December 17, 2006
I know the sun's still shining when I close my eyes
[Backdated diary entry: December 13, 2006]

Today is my birthday. I had today pictured perfectly in my mind: wake up bright and early at 6am, try out the Freeman foot scrub that I bought yesterday on Sarah's recommendation (Iced Teaberry and Mint!) and the accompanying facial scrub, take a bath but not touch the hair since I just had it hot oiled the day prior and it still smells awesome, throw on the dress I also bought yesterday at People Are People, get my birthday money and head on out the door by 8am so I can get to Shangri-La EDSA by 10am to meet the Ilang-ilang peeps. Today was the day! I was finally free to meet up with Ilang for the first time in a long time, since I had other events during the previous Ilang gimiks. I actually had one planned today (drop by Zobel, sit in class and make libre Yellow Cab) but this time, I decided to move it. I would show up at the Ilang gimik and make libre Super Bowl, because damn it, today was the day.

The night of December 12, I set my Hello Kitty alarm clock to 6am. Everything was going to be just peachy.

Of course, things never turn out the way I plan them to.

December 13, I wake up groggily after a night of watching more Scrubs episodes. And online greetings! And participating in an insult contest with Jimpo, which I won. Suck it, beeyotch! >:)

"God, what time is it?" I wonder. A glimpse at the alarm clock shows that it is officially...8am. I was supposed to be out the front door by 8am. "Shit!"

I end up teeter-tottering on whether or not I would still go to this thing, provided I'd be 2 hours late at best, while watching more Scrubs with my mom. Charge my cellphone, skim through the numerous Happy Birthday texts pouring in, but not without a big smile.

Mom asked me if I wanted to just hang out with her at Alabang Town Center and get a foot spa and pedicure at The Spa. Now here was a dilemma. Although I barely get to go malling with friends on such a tight schedule, I spend much less time bonding with Mom.

"Maybe."

I thought about it while trying out the Freeman foot scrub, and Sarah, you are totally right, it does make your feet 3 shades lighter! Blah blah blah, and by 11 I'm in my dress and my favorite stilettos. I know I would be late again, but whatever, right? After all, these gimiks don't come every day. Perhaps another day, Mom.

As Mom handed me the money for making libre and the gift money for my birthday and told me to take care, there was a split-second where I caught the slight dejection in her eyes. She attempted a half-smile, but I knew better. That moment, I knew what the right choice was.

"I'll just go with you, Mom."

We watched a few more episodes of Season 5 before leaving for a super-relaxing foot spa and pedicure. Damn, I love The Spa. It smells like peppermint everywhere and you can see the trees gently moving to the wind outside. And now my toenails are all glittery and I love it!

Afterwards, we met up with my brother at Rustan's and went to Music One where I used a little bit of my birthday money to buy the Raconteurs album I'd been pining for.

We had dinner in my grandma's house where I complained to my Tito Tito (yeah, he's my tito and his name is Tito) about the unavailability of classic albums in Tower Records/Music One. I mean, seriously, they've got tons of obscure artists but no Stone Temple Pilots? No Fiona Apple? Nirvana (except for a recently released greatest hits album)? Prince (save for "3121," which I already have)? For god's sake.

I went home with my gifts, my new Raconteurs CD, and some CDs I borrowed from Tito Tito: Seal, David Bowie, and...Paula Abdul. Yep. I ended the day by going online to more birthday greetings and then finally finished season five of Scrubs a little after 12.

Today was a good day. I still have the money for making libre, so I'll most probably spend it on you guys next year. :D
JC got bored @ 11:17 PM

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com