Friday, November 17, 2006
You think I ENJOY this?
Okay, ^^^ was not really an instigated comment, but it begs to be asked.

As some of you may know, I was absent Monday and Tuesday this week. As a significantly larger number of you may know, I am starting to gain a reputation as a frequent absentee. Some may have even gotten...suspicious. Does it bother me? To some extent, yes. Because for all the rumors and whatnot, trust me, I'd quite rather be at school. It's not fun staying in bed worrying about what you're missing. I've asked my parents time and again to buy me multivitamins so that I wouldn't be so sickly. As Clusivol ads would say, "Bawal magkasakit!"

Still, I often wake up feeling physically bad. Most of the time I try to ignore it and still go to school in order to lower my number of absences. As a result of this, my condition usually worsens over the day, prompting either a clinic visit or, at one time, spending most of the Math period with my head against the table as my body temperature continued to rise. (Yeeesh, that was painful!)

When I was younger, I was healthy as a horse. The worst illness I'd contracted then was colds and the occasional fever. Since transferring to Pisay, however, I've developed the tendency to catch a really bad medical condition at least once a year.

First year: High fever and bronchitis

Second year: Positional vertigo, fever, and influenza

This year: Hepatitis, fever, migraines

In addition to what's listed above, the illnesses I got this week are: fever, colds, and a mild case of food poisoning. (We think it might be something I ate at the Hyatt over the weekend.) I wanted desperately to brave through it so I could go to school, but I nearly fainted at the breakfast table and decided to go back to bed.

Let me repeat: THIS WASN'T FUN. Okay, surfing for YouTube clips of my beloved Daniel Vosovic is kinda fun, but staying glued to the bed with my laptop and not being able to do much else isn't fun at all.

So, could the illnesses have been caused by stress? I suppose my 4-hours-of-sleep-a-night habit contributed to my weakened immune system, although I don't understand how stress could cause an inflamed liver.

Frankly, people, I don't have the heart to play hooky. Sometimes I think it would be easier, but really, it's not worth it.

Until then, I'm hoping my little bottle of Clusivol will help me through this.

JC got bored @ 6:41 AM

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com