Sunday, August 27, 2006
(Really) Good Friday
Go Potassium!

Everyone's panicking. My make-up's practically melting and I'm having trouble with my costume. Less than an hour to go before the start of the show, and we hadn't practiced with full costumes, lights and sounds yet because we're busy with the make-up and lapels. Then it's too late, because people from various sections and levels start showing up to watch us.

And I am nervous like fuck. Me to Deo: "I have to pee!!!"

It's showtime. Which includes: someone forgetting his lapel, another forgetting his lines, the sounds conking out for some weird reason.

Nevertheless, WE WERE AWESOME-TACULAR BABY!

Let me explain from scene one. This week, all the sections (including mine, III - Potassium) presented their chamber theatre adaptations of the Indian epic Ramayana. My class was scheduled for Friday. I portrayed the evil queen because evil comes so naturally to me (diba Arienne? LOL!).

After my scene, I left the stage laughing my butt off at the mayhem and headed to the back of the auditorium where I got to watch the rest of our play while handling the lights. My verdict? Is obvious. I swelled with pride as I watched the audience cheer like crazy when Jules emerged in his deer costume, as the fellas kicked some major ass in the fight scenes, as Angel delivered the last scene so touchingly, as Chanchan waltzed out, every bit the Fire Goddess -- proud na proud yang tatay mong si Alfer! Hahaha =))

The end was the highlight of my day! I was so nervous because I thought we'd get deductions for the technical difficulties. We quieted as we listened to Sir Alfer's comments, which can be summed up in his last statement:

"I have lots of comments, but they're all positive."

And we got 100 out of 100! *rock fists* Even though they didn't need it because they were so great themselves, we "avenged" Sodium wahaha =)) Thanks for the support, you guys!

I'm sure I've said this a million times before, but I'm incredibly proud of Potassium. The play was a product of good things: a cast so hawt that the promotional posters got stolen (hahaha), hours and hours of practice, and a super-dedicated director. While everyone was great, we totally owe this to Direk Honey because she went through some major hell for this presentation. Thanks so much! =)

In my fuchsia Indian top and evil queen make-up, I headed to the grandstand where I had free KFC for lunch thanks to Dea (Happy Birthday!!!!) and served as a "waitress" to the rest of Adelfa (bagay sa outfit!). Even though I skipped ComSci for it, you're worth it Dea wahaha! Alabshoo!

The rest of my day didn't go too well. I messed up my Math long test again (it's really making me depressed) and in the last hours of the day...I...said something really stupid in a game of Truth or Dare. Angel, Deo and Honey, DON'T SAY A DAMN THING! Huhuhu -___-' It...just...slipped...out...gaaaaah. Me so stoopid.

Of course, I was still smiling on the ride home. And why shouldn't I? Potassium rocked the house! In addition, I had, after an entire year of bored crushlessness, developed a crush. Ahahaha!

In Alabang Town Center, I met up with some Zobel peeps. Quite a delightful surprise! Shame I had to leave because it was Mom's birthday, but she cancelled the dinner and I got to relive old times with the guys and gals I miss so much =,) Jammoe and Micmac also gave me some really good advice about my guy problem -- man, the wisdom of Zobel! And Kalalz, sorry 'di ako nakareply ulit kanina! Would you believe nawalan nanaman ako ng load? Haha, you're a curse upon my cellphone mehn!

Simply put, today was a very, very good day, despite my Math booboo. I'd totally go through it again (only if I did, I'd make it a point to never initiate that stupid little Truth or Dare game. FELLAS, WALANG LALABAS!).
JC got bored @ 6:01 AM

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com