Saturday, July 01, 2006
Sixth-grade superheroes!
TEFON was never really about artistic ability (for me, anyway--I wasn't very good). De La Salle Zobel's version of Maritess and the Superfriends was all about humor, camaraderie, and of course, love (aww). Under the guiding hand of Lady Galang (and later, Lady Samgi!), we were out and about, saving the world when the teachers weren't looking!

While I would love to start a webcomic with you guys, time will not permit me to, so I hope this sad little pencil-and-paper sketch is enough to convey my gratitude to you guys for giving my fictitious alter-ego superhero the most fun she has ever had. Hey, it's the thought that counts!

(Click for full-size version)
Jeanne + Arf + Miggy + MicMac + Vicky + Beauregarde = TEFON!

Who ever thought that five grade-schoolers could fight crime, obtain magical powers, marry Josh Hartnett (haha VICKY), be invaded by Ovalz (ahem NORMAN), rescue me from a near-fatal bullet wound and drowning in a huge mug of beer, and save the world, all during class?

In retrospect, weren't we quite like The Breakfast Club? Jeanne the Rebel, Vicky the Princess, Arvin the Jock, MicMac the Weirdo (WEEHEEHEE bagay!), and Miggy the Nerd (haha sorry, siya na lang natira sayo eh =P).

Frankly, I don't remember what our superpowers were, but I know that our strongest power of all is the power of love (hehe corneeeh). To quote Simple Minds (the band who sang The Breakfast Club's theme song), "don't you forget about me." And to quote my friend Reg, "I love you guys!"
JC got bored @ 5:42 AM

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com