Wednesday, May 10, 2006
I'd be lying if I said...
...that I didn't see it coming.

After the results show, I was worried all right. "Oh shit, Chris is gonna go home, he's gonna go home!"

And yeah, he did. Apparently, my theories work: If you're popular and you sucked, you're staying. If you're a lower-tier contestant and you rocked the house, you're staying. If you're good but had a mediocre performance, you're gonna go home. (And for people like Bucky: if you normally suck and you did better one night...you're gonna go home.) But hey, at least now we all know he wears boxer briefs...and that Ryan Seacrest totally has the hots for him. (Did you see how he stared silently at Chris for a few seconds before breathing, "It's gonna be a HOT race to the finish"? Dead giveaway.)

So here comes the deluge of people crying "he's gonna sell tons of records, just wait and see," but I'm not so sure about that. Seriously, what's the track record for AI contestants? 48 finalists from seasons one through four, and who's found success? Kelly, Clay, Carrie. 3 out of 48. And Kelly took, what, three years before coming out with a decent album? (Hopefully, Bo will cut himself off from the evil producers and come out with some good, original music soon. Yeah, Bo could be the next Kelly Clarkson! No, not that way.) Clay's STILL dealing with gay rumors, and Carrie...I'm only counting Carrie because of that whole Skechers deal. Constantine's got a sitcom coming out in the fall, but we have yet to see whether or not it'll fly. Kim Caldwell and Matt Rogers (squee!) are hosting shows now, but I don't really count TV Guide as successful. J-Hud's in a movie, but again, who knows if it'll flop or score big? ETA: Jim Verraros does some modeling and plays a gay guy (duh) in an indie movie, which I don't count as mainstream success...but getting to make out with Ryan Carnes is success enough for me. :) Go Jimmy go!

I wanted Chris to win so that he could prove that AI isn't just some stupid little pop machine, but whoops, guess not. I'd definitely buy his CD, though. That's a given. CLIVE DAVIS DON'T YOU FUCKING TOUCH HIM! I hear the cost of Fuel has risen quite recently. *wink wink*

I'll quote my personal hero, TWoP's Jacob Clifton on this one: "[Chris's] voice sounds very nice, very professional and practiced, and I don't understand why he's not already doing the music thing. How can AI possibly help him? Is he just lazy? It's a weird detour for someone so practiced and good. Don't let them do to you what they did to Bo, dude! Run!"

As for that show, I'm not watching anymore (I basically ordered my brother to call me whenever it was a Chris or Elliott performance, then I'd skip everyone else), but I'm rooting for Elliott now. Go little leprechaun! We wuuuv you :)

Or I can force myself to catch the McPheever...*deadpans* oh, yay. She's sooo much fun. -__-

Look, If fuckin' Taylor wins, only a tornado or David Spade will stop me from kicking the TV screen. Sorry, dude, but I tend to notice talent first and foremost when picking an AI favorite.

As for Chris, he's got the vocal chops to make it, I think. Yay, Chris! It was a boring season anyway. Hope you can take Fuel up on that offer now! Woohoo!

Of course, I'd be lying if I said I wouldn't miss him. Now Fuel had better hound him good or I'm gonna...
JC got bored @ 8:02 PM

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com