Friday, December 16, 2005
Stripes and Stripes Forever
As a member of the Candy Council of Cool, I get a free CD every month to review. Next to meeting celebrities, it's my favorite part of the job. I've got five so far: the first one was Stonefree's Hibiscus, which I got at the Stonefree press conference (I love you, Miro Valera!), second was Melanie C.'s Beautiful Intentions, third was Killer Queen, which is a tribute to Queen (I got it at the Constantine Maroulis press conference), fourth was Lite and Live @ Tapika, a compilation of the best performances at Tapika, which is a quaint little bar along Katipunan Avenue which Ryan likes to frequent. And the fifth one...hang on, I'm getting there.

This is the process of selection: every month, the Candy editors have eight CD's every month for us to review, and we get to pick which ones we want. First month, I picked Melanie C. Next month, we had to draw lots so it would be fair for everyone. I originally got The Speaks' album, but I traded with Portia and got Lite and Live @ Tapika, because I like acoustic music, and Ryan holds Tapika performers in high regard (we both love Stonefree). This month, we drew lots again, and I got 6 Cycle Mind. While I think they're awesome, there was another CD there that I REALLY wanted, and hooray for me, I managed to trade with Regine.


OMFG I now have The White Stripes' Get Behind Me Satan album!!!



Not that I'm anti-Christ or anything (quite the opposite, actually), but The White Stripes rock. Yeaboi! \m/

This Christmas break just keeps getting better and better. =)
JC got bored @ 9:06 AM

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com