Tuesday, December 27, 2005
New Year's Revolution
"The Rock said blow the candles, not the pool boy!" - The Rock

Speaking of WWE programs, I recently found out that ringside seats to the WWE Raw show in the Philippines cost P10440 per ticket. WTF.

No, this blog entry isn't about the WWE pay-per-view of the same name. I call this my New Year's Revolution, because it is so much bigger than a resolution. Resolutions are things like, "lose twenty pounds this year" or "earn enough money for a ringside ticket to a WWE show." I resolve to change my life for the better. Here's what makes up my New Year's Revolution:

Improve my relationship with God - Succinctly put by the title of an R.E.M. song, I'm "losing my religion." This 2006, I'll start going to confessions, attending Mass regularly, and if I have time, I'll join the SCA or the YFC. This past year, I always felt like something was missing in my life, and I now know what it was. I've been living for all the wrong reasons. This year, I live for God.

Let go of past grudges - I've managed to do that with two guys before Christmas break, but this year I'm letting it all go. If I can't manage to like you, I'll leave you alone. I promise not to judge anyone this year.

Put others first - I hate to say this, but I am a very, very selfish person. Therefore I resolve to be more selfless, to start genuinely caring about other people, and to understand that God made me to serve others.

In fact, I started practicing this third one just last Monday while planning a big Askalz (that's my grade school 11-boys-and-2-girls barkada) get-together at the Raw event with Roi. Look, while I am fully willing and able to pay P10,440 for ringside Raw tickets, I understand that maybe not all the Askalz can do the same, so I told Roi, "sa P2000 seats na lang tayo, basta magkasama para masaya. :)"

See? I'm not so selfish after all. =P (Hey, everybody's gotta start somewhere.)

[edit 1.9.06: For those who want to know, the subsequent post has been deleted because after asking myself "What Would Jesus Do?", I decided that Jesus would not air his dirty laundry in public.]
JC got bored @ 6:25 AM

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com