Saturday, June 17, 2006
Day One (Masaya magpakabobo!)
Sorry I was late in blogging this, I'd already made a similar entry in my friends-only LJ.

Sooo...first day? Okay! There's not really a lot to write about, but I'm feeling a lot happier than I did a few months ago. Potassium would take some time to really gel, but doesn't every section? At least we're fun right off the bat, even with our lame and overdone Pota jokes. I'm relentless -- mga anak kami ng Pota! (Does that make Ma'am Bawagan our Mother Pota?)

By the way, Kimmy, don't mind her na -- she doesn't mean a thing. I feel sorry for her. At least we don't care about it anymore, diba? =)

English Journalism is apparently not as easy as I hoped it would be. Sir EngJourn Teacher, if you were deliberately trying to scare the crap out of all of us...you did a fantastic job. But really, I'm sure he's much nicer in person. Just scary as hell in class.

Our other teachers are okay. I was hoping we'd get Sir Villavert for Chemistry, but now, I'm happy we have Sir Felix "Darna!" Generalao -- the perfect mix of fun and smart! *happily does Chem HWs a week in advance*

We have Sir Alfie (I'll call you Alfie, it's my favorite Bacharach song) for English. I still can't get over the Evil Queenishness of him strutting around the classroom with his fan, and how Morticia-like his eerily pale and bony frame is. Uh, Sir, there's this thing called "sunlight." Maybe you should check it out sometime. =P

Natawa kami sa signature nya -- at first glance, it reads "ASS."

Me to Kim: Hahaha! Your homeroom adviser is an ASS!

...Sorry, I couldn't resist. -____-'

I actually thought he was a girl at first (Juniors Re-Orientation)...we were seated meters away, and I had to squint to see who Potassium's English teacher would be. Then I thought, "That anorexic chick dresses like a dude." When I was writing down the teachers' names in my notebook, I didn't catch his, so I asked Hannah, who said it was Alfred. "Her name is Alfred? Now, that's messed up."

Anyway. What's up with "Masaya magpakabobo," you ask? Well, it's true! I discovered it while talking to Arienne. Basically, the gist is to let yourself go and learn to make light of your imperfections. Long, long ago, I used to be an intellectual snob, and in effect, perenially miserable. Now, I'm a happy idiot! I love Densa! I won't let anything below 2.5 ruin my day!

Now, I'm not saying I will giddily slack off on all responsibilities, because then I'd be digging my own grave in PSHS. My point is, I've learned to embrace the fact that I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed -- and I'm still smiling.

Like they say, "Ignorance is bliss!" =)
JC got bored @ 8:00 PM

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com