Thursday, May 25, 2006
3121, paint the town purple!
[Hey, wow. Check it out -- ever since the Top 12, I correctly predicted four people of the Final 5 (Mandisa was my only wrong guess. I did not predict Paris would make it that far.) See the "Ponies" bit on the side bar? I wrote that months ago!]

So here's what I love and hate about the finale:

I hate that they put the Idol finale on the 8am Just Shoot Me! timeslot. Pricks.

I love that the forever-awesome Prince was there (baby u own the stage!), and I love that he didn't have to share the stage with any contestant. No one can fucking touch this guy! All the other stars performing paled in comparison. Also, for a guy who's 2 years shy of 50, Prince is looking pretty darn good (not a day over 30!) -- and I hear he's just been voted in a PETA poll as the World's Sexiest Vegetarian. Wow!

I hate that Meatloaf was there, and I hate that he messed up Kat's performance. Well, they both sucked.

I love that Burt Bacharach was there, and I love that someone finally sang one of my favorite songs of all time, "Alfie," but I hate that that someone had to be Lisa Tucker (it should have been Kat).

I love that Clay Aiken was there, but I hate his new hair color.

I love that Chris Daughtry was there, but I hate that he had to share the stage with Live. Sorry, but the whole performance was just "meh" for me. I'd die of happiness if it were Aerosmith or Bon Jovi, though.

I hate that Kevin Covais was there. God. (Though I did laugh when he sang "What's New, Pussycat?")

I love the chemistry between Ace Young and Melissa McGhee. Sparks are flying! :)

I love that this year's winner is finally a white male, but I hate that he's someone who performs like a drunk dad at a wedding. I'm gonna pass the buck to TWoP's Jacob now:

"Taylor wins it. He certainly worked harder for it. I mean, all that spazzing out and hugging himself ticked me off, but it worked for a hell of a lot of people, so...well done. You giant pile of jackass. Once again, America gets the Idol it deserves. This year, American Idol does, too."

Bottom line? Prince blew everyone, EVERYONE out of the water, and in true Prince fashion: Turn up 30 seconds before the performance, kick the shit out of everyone, and then high-tail it out of there without so much as acknowledging Seacrest. Diva-licious. I loved it! In five and a half minutes, he turned American Idol 5 into The Prince Show. Taylor who?
JC got bored @ 1:29 AM

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com