Monday, June 05, 2006
Flowers and a Red Crayon
Ever get that feeling where your heart literally starts hurting, like it's about to explode? The kind of pain you feel right before you start to cry?

Angge's "The Red Crayon" (which you can find on her LJ) made me feel that pang, and Angge, I am so proud to have known such talented people like you and everyone from Zobel. It's a great story, if I haven't told you already. :)

So I've been reminiscing about the good old La Salle days lately, and reading about The Red Crayon made me realize that, well, La Salle is my red crayon. Green crayon, really. I loved that green crayon, and it brought a lot of joy to my otherwise colorless life.

I'm not saying that I don't like the black crayon. Actually, I view it as a ballpen -- entirely different, and not as fun as a crayon, but it opens the door to a lot of opportunities.

I may not have the green crayon anymore, but I'll always have that lovely, half-colored Winnie the Pooh picture in a golden frame in my heart. Youth is fleeting, but memories are forever. :)

-o-

Yeah, I know. If you didn't read the story, my post sounds like I wrote it while I was on crack. But really, it's special to me, as are the beautiful people of La Salle. In closing, I will place my lengthy Evergreen post here. It was originally written for my secret special LiveJournal for the people who are special to me (if I give you the link or add you as an LJ friend, you're special to me ^-^), but these people deserve a mention on all my blogs. Here goes the lengthy "Thank you" speech:

Lari, who is the Meredith Grey to my Cristina Yang, the James Wilson to my Dr. House, and the Seth Cohen to my Ryan Atwood (you were always the smart one), thanks for always being a positive and happy person. You're awesome and smart, and you bring light to every life you've touched. Live long and prosper!

Miggy, Mister Mathematics -- irresistibly fun and super smart! Every time that Will Smith video "Gettin' Jiggy with It" airs on MTV, I'll be thinking of us and our stupid little Jiggy dance. :)

Vicky, to me, you are definitely the ultimate, overachieving, super-friendly, musically gifted Supergirl. Keep kicking butt there at DLSZ!

"Who's that skinny kid who looks like Micmac? Oh my God, it's Micmac!" Hehehe. Future Ex-Boyfriend! It's amazing how you are everyone's shoulder to cry on. You are the future Dr. Phil, and the day you get your own talk show, I'll be the first person to line up for front row seats.

Kalalz, sorry for all the years I've picked on you, because for all you are, you never deserved to be my personal insult dartboard. I hope you know that I never really meant all those gay jokes :P I also hope that you get to read this because I really am sorry for being such a bully, and I think that at your best, you represent all the good things about being a Christian. *sniffle* :,-)

Roi, you're like the weird little alien brother I never had, and I mean that in a good way (if there is one). It's only with you that I can have the weirdest conversations and still make sense, and have four different text conversations all at the same time. You know I'd gladly sing your praises to your Dreamgirl (*wink wink*) until she finally says "yes," because beneath all your peculiarity, you're a great kid. PUTAHE NG INA MO! \m/

Notnot, even though I've been picking fights with you around 4th and 5th grade (remember when I gave you the finger and you told Ms. Naputo? OMG LOL!), I know you're a good guy and you're destined for great things! Remember: with great power comes great responsibility. Of course, that's not something you have to worry about because you're perfectly capable of both. ;)

The Askalz, who will always be my favorite dysfunctional family, thanks for all the good times.

And everybody else, because you all rock: Laurs, Marga, Cath, Pielle and Powie, all smart plus pretty, y'all rep-ruh-zent girl power!; Crazysexycool Angge, no music, no life!; Hsoj, the cool, hilarious, stoner dad that I never had -- I will look back on all the "high times" we've shared and just laugh and start to act high again; Ate Norms, the ultimate mastermind, the Vince McMahon of DLSZ, if you ever become the head of WWE Creative, or design some major-selling video game, I will sit back, laugh and say "I knew it!"; Iskosis, little guy with a big......heart -- haha!; Kat, the original bandana girl, you were always the cool and stylish trendsetter; Sexy Sophie, ever so fabulous and brilliant AND FORGIVING HAHAHAHA; Jero the German Janitor, and original inventor of my nickname, Janjalani; Jam, the Reese Witherspoon of high school: pretty, smart, talented, and gracious about everything thrown your way; Ever-humble Samgee, you are more than you think you are. Keep rockin'!; and Papa Joe Fabian, who opened up a can of whoop-ass on lazy ol' me and taught me the value of hard work -- next time I slack off, I'm going to remember you, and I will work hard to make you proud. I hope to become successful one day, so I can gather us all up and plan an event a la Mr. Holland's Opus, all misty eyes, sentimental background music and "We are your opus!" Or at least, I hope to visit you in ten years and tell you that you made a big difference in my life, because really, you did.

So whenever I feel like Pisay is like some mental military school, or something akin to Stu Hart's Dungeon (and trust me, I do sometimes), I will remember obnoxiously reading verses from Jessica Zafra's Chicken Pox for the Soul to Kalalo while everyone else was working on a Math seatwork, Jiggy-dancing with Miggy, paper chats, morning discussions of Final Fantasy and the WWE with Isko, the Charley's ET chant, sneaking into the CPA theater with you guys to watch live tapings of that game show hosted by Paolo Bediones, singing "Latino Heat" with Isko and "Sexy Boy" with Ate Norms -- and promptly fucking up the lyrics, watching Franma toss and catch Milo balls with perfect execution, the Young Observer gang and how we always picked on...you-know-who (she thinks we're total assclowns, but oh well), ATC gimiks every week, band sessions and making fun of that jackass band instructor, telebabad with Vicky and Sam A (4 hours straight!), the million trips to Enchanted Kingdom and riding the Enterprise for my first and only time, finding out Kat's crush in a dream ("That's so Jeanne!"), playing Pusoy Dos during Foundation Week, red shirts on Valentine's Day, the basketball boys' adding a little something special to our graduation day, and butchering that "Graduation Day" song with Kat ("Graduation day, and we're still as one, graduation day, blah blah blah blah BLAH!").

God. You people get to have fun and take it a day at a time while I'm hanging by a thread every waking moment, hoping I'm not gonna fail something today. You're all awesome, funny, smart and soaring through high school awesomely, the future's so bright you gotta wear shades, while I seem to be in over my head a lot of the time. But Meredith Grey said it best: "Why do I keep hitting myself with a hammer? Because it feels so good when I stop."

I hope to still be able to see you all in ten years or so, and visit your weddings, and hear how fantastic you all have become, and cheer you on, and mooch off of your successes (just kidding about that last part). Westlife is gay, but I am (for)everGreen. :)
JC got bored @ 9:30 PM

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com