Thursday, July 13, 2006
It's the End of the World (As We Know It)
I believe that I am one of the most efficient time-wasters (haha, oxymoron) in the country. Summers and Christmases are never too long in The World of J.C., and I'll always find something new (and useless) to do. Today, I'm rocking out to some Pink Floyd, and later I'll go watch the DVD's we have here of Grey's Anatomy (McSteamy = HOLY SMOKES!!!!). Of course, I hate that nagging feeling I get when I opt to do more trivial things instead of studying or doing homework. Man, consciences suck.

(Just kidding, conscience, I love you!)

What I really hate is that I'm seemingly hard-wired to be a slacker, even though I know studying is more important. In the immortal words of Gavin DeGraw, "I don't want to be anything other than what I've been trying to be lately."

I've been trying to be a responsible student lately, but I am a natural, lazy-ass slacker. I don't want to be!

[Guys, spoiler ahead! Skip this part if you don't want me to ruin the Grey's Anatomy Season 2 ending for you.]

Now, you might have noticed that I've been writing a lot about English Journalism lately. It's not that I'm all passionate about it or anything, or that all my other subjects are boring, or that I hate Sir Chris (he's actually pretty cool), it's just that...hmm...it's number one on the list of Things That Make Me Go "AAAAAARRRRRGGGGHHH!!!"

Like this week. We submitted three topic proposals for a news feature, and since I was running out of ideas, I decided to put in that controversial issue among the higher-ups of Pisay that took place last year. And crapola of crapolas, Sir Chris assigns me to cover that one. Like my other proposal, "new teachers," was too banal. (Well, it is, but still.)

So I have to interview the key figures involved, and that downright scares the shit out of me! You all know I take cheapshots whenever I can, but there's no way to go around this one!

I totally feel like Meredith Grey in part two of that "Code Black" Superbowl Sunday episode of Grey's Anatomy, where she has her hand in the guy's cut-open gut, and she's handling an explosive that could detonate at any moment. One wrong move, and BOOM.

I could pull a Christina Ricci and skeedaddle on out of there, but I never back down from a challenge (I was the Dare Queen of La Salle's HAC---I never turned down a single dare!). Yeah, I know I could turn into pink mist if I say something wrong, regardless, I'm gonna do this, damn it, by hook or by crook!

And in this scenario, Sir Chris is my Dylan Young (the bomb technician). FYI, Sir, in the episode, the bomb actually explodes in Dylan's hands (Meredith lives!), so...MWAHAHAHAHA!
JC got bored @ 6:36 PM

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com