Wednesday, September 20, 2006
Potassium =)
In one of my rarer moments, I actually showed up on time at the GBF Training Center in Pasig last Sunday. The rest of my class showed up a good forty minutes later. This is exactly why I choose to show up late for things, I thought. Because in the Philippines, "late" equates to "on time." Nevertheless, I was happy to see everyone else. Once everyone settled down in the white, pristine, almost clinical seminar room, our Homeroom Integration Activity could start.

The activity's goal was to bring the class closer together, and according to the letter handed out to us a week before, "100% class attendance" was required for it to be a success. I looked around. Out of 29 students, 16 (myself included) showed up. So much for that.

Kev's dad, Mr. Go, stood in front of the white board and prompted us on the facility, and the whole time I was thinking about how much it reminded me of those mysterious DHARMA Initiative instructional video tapes on Lost. You know the ones. "Namaste, and good luck."

We started by sharing summarized versions of our life stories. They made us draw a line graph of our highs and lows in life, and then explain it. As I soon found out, Neil and I have a lot in common.

Me: Noong grade 4, mababa yung graph kasi lonely ako.
Neil: Ay, ako rin!
(class laughs)
Me: Tapos noong grade 5, mataas siya kasi happy ako!
Neil: Grade 5? Ako rin!
(class laughs)
Me: At tumangkad ako!
(class laughs)
Neil: AKO RIN!

Parallelism is funny. =) And in Chemistry class just earlier, I relayed my tale to Deo since he was one of the non-attendees.

Me: So I said, my graph was low when I was in fourth grade because I was lonely back then.
Deo: Ay, ako rin!

Hahaha shet =)

We shared secrets about ourselves, but since I generally don't have any, I decided to reveal that I am a spoiled brat and a laitera. In case y'all don't already know. It was one of the more serious parts of the day, bringing some of our classmates to tears. Afterwards, Brother Javy told us to express our feelings for others without saying anything. I hugged Crystle, Neil, James, Honey, and some other people...and I high-fived Beila. Heh-heh-heh >:D Hi Beila!

Sheets of paper were paper-clipped to our backs and people would write things about us on it. I was really happy with what I saw on my paper, especially Kev's beautiful drawing (note the sarcasm).

Lunch was fun. We made chismis as per usual. Now, there's something you should know at this point: Potassium is highly reactive when exposed to a camera. Take one out, and you'll have boys jumping around, making macho poses, and crowding around Crystle, and girls readying their prettiest smiles.

Other notable moments:

*Laglagan with Beila (Sorrreeeeeh! Secret natin yan ha!)
*"Aww" moment with Crystle
*Speed dating (pinag-agawan ako nina Neil at Desa! haha levelings)
*Desa and the chicken =))
*Migs and the Balikbayan box which I still don't understand
*and many more

Wala lang. Sana magkaganito tayo ulit! I ♥ you, my fellow Potas!
JC got bored @ 6:59 AM

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com