Sunday, September 24, 2006
He set his make-up gun to "Drag Queen!" and went for it!
My cellphone went off loud and clear to remind me that there was a very important event scheduled for that Saturday.

Green sleeveless? Check. Lace and cotton black bohemian skirt? Check. I rolled on some stockings and pulled on the boots Mom bought me from Belgium before heading out. With a denim jacket on, I kind of looked like a Rent castmember. Fittingly enough, too, because as far as going all-out on appearance, I had "No day but today!"

I went to the Going Straight salon to -- ironically -- have my hair curled and get my make-up done for the Xposed fashion show. Sophie had said that it was "a casual event," but I used Xposed as an excuse to try out a look for the prom. My idea of hitting two birds with one stone, heh-heh =)

I told the stylist that I just needed a light, casual look for a party. Pounds of purple eyeshadow and a LOT of dark lipstick later, he made me look like a cross between JonBenet Ramsey and Kris Aquino. Huh, casual indeed. >:( I kept insisting on lighter lipstick, but their lightest shade was...deep red. Arrrgh. I gave him a tip anyway because I felt bad for barking at him like a drill sergeant and frowning at the mirror the whole time. In all fairness, it was kind of pretty and would have been good for the prom, but this was sooo not party make-up. It wasn't the first time that had happened, either -- I had my make-up done there for the Constantine Maroulis press conference, and while cute enough, I couldn't help thinking I was somewhere between looking like a racoon and a Vegas hooker.

So, readers, here's the thing about Going Straight -- they're great (GREAT!) with hair, but the make-up is objectionable. David's Salon sucks at both. I had my hair rebonded there once, and it barely lasted a week. Piandre does good hair styling, but I haven't tried having my make-up done there yet. Jesi Mendez, of all the salons I've been to, is the best at both hair and make-up.

But I digress. Back to my Saturday night! I stepped out of the car and immediately exchanged hugs and screams of "HIIIII!" with Cath and company, all looking prettylicious.

Inside the party venue, guess who I saw first?

"ROIIIIIIII! OH MY GAAAAHD!"

Yes, I saw my alien brother accompanied by a guy in a black polo whom I presumed was a new student. When I was done screaming my hellos, I saw New Student laugh, and realized that he looked familiar...

"AYYYYYY ISKO!!! YOU LOOK LIKE A BEATLE!"

I saw Martin Oben, who is, like, ten million times taller now. And Micmac and Miggy (who vanished not too long after, aww T___T) and Judd and Aie and Sophie and everyone else! You're all so pretty na! Micmac, you're such a slut (and I mean that in a good way)!

Roi and I went outside to catch up on old times at the park. Grabe, Roi, you know NOTHING!

Me: Sino ka-close mo ngayon?
Roi: Uh, ewan.
Me: Kamusta grades mo?
Roi: *shrug*
Me (laughing): Wala ka talagang alam, no?
Roi (tawa rin): Wala eh!
Me: Ilang taon ka na?
Roi: Ewan!
Me: Ano apelyido mo?
Roi: Ah...Dalisay!
Me: Wow! O, anong kulay ng buhok mo?
Roi (looks upward): Uh...hindi ko makita eh.

Nakakaiyak ka =((

Leanne Castillo was one of the hosts, at grabe, pati si Leanne gumanda! The fashion show itself was great, everyone's tall and gorgeous, and I was particularly amused by this 4th year guy who made super pa-cute poses =)) They used a remix of the Six Feet Under theme song for the show, which I found cute.

We danced -- yeah, this is how we do it! -- watched people dance (Micmac is an animal 0___o), and mingled. Micmac was talking to a couple of guys I didn't know, so he introduced me to them. One looked vaguely familiar, but I was pretty sure he was a new student. And imagine my surprise...

Micmac: This is Em-em--
Me: Holy shit, you're EM-EM?

Em-em! He looks so different! Okay, so everyone does, but dude, di ko talaga ma-recognize until Micmac told me.

The party ended all too soon, but it was a great way to spend a Saturday night. My voice was hoarse from all the screaming, and I woke up the next day with my shitty-looking make-up still on, but I was happy to scratch the party itch. We should have this more often.
JC got bored @ 2:44 AM

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com