Monday, April 04, 2005
Summer Status: High Productivity
I would've continued the string of "posts that have nothing to do with my personal life" with an entry on my reaction to this year's Wrestlemania, but I'll just sum it up and then move on to more important matters.

- It's awesome that Batista and John Cena are the new champs for Raw and Smackdown respectively, and I'm absolutely psyched that Taker's record is now 13-0, however...

- I HATE that Christy (my favorite Diva) lost to Trish Stratus (my least favorite Diva ever since she and Christian backstabbed Jericho) in the Women's Championship match. Aargh.

- It also sucks that Shawn Michaels lost to that shitface Kurt Angle. And if that's not enough, HE LOST BY TAP-OUT! GAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH!!!

Whew. Anyway, today marks the first day of the summer classes that I signed up for (one-on-one voice and ballroom dancing lessons). So how did they go?

Voice lessons were up first (3-4 PM on Mondays, Tuesdays and Fridays), and well, [Randy Jackson voice] It was a'ight for me[/Randy Jackson voice], although it was hardly any different from a Himig Agham session: vocalize first and then master the song. Required materials to bring along were a notebook, a blank cassette tape and a tape of a song I'd like to sing (I brought along Alicia Keys' "Songs In A Minor," wanting to perform "How Come You Don't Call Me?"). The teacher there was impressed with my voice (she even told the other teachers and the director about it), and two minutes into vocalization, she recommended that I sing a classical piece because my super-high soprano voice was more fit for classical. "Masisira lang yung boses mo kung mag pop ka," she told me. I took a last glance at the Alicia Keys tape, shrugged and said, "Okay."

Must I abandon my dreams of Broadway stardom and opt instead to become an opera singer? Oh, no...I've always wanted to play Mimi in Rent or Elphaba/Galinda in Wicked...*heartbreak*

Anyway, the teacher then said she would buy a songbook of "Phantom of the Opera" so I could sing "All I Ask of You," because, she reasoned, my voice sounded very much like Christine Daae's (note, though, that my personality is a lot more like Carlotta's...LOL!). In the meantime, we practiced a different classical song. It was in German, but I opted to sing the English version. The lyrics sent ripples through my mind as I sang: ...None but the lonely heart can know my sadness...

Huh. Interesting.

Ballroom dancing (4-5 PM on the same days) was a tad more difficult to endure. Not surprisingly, I have two left feet when it comes to dancing the tango, although, my dance instructor said, I'm quick to learn. I was also having a tough time due to the fact that my dance instructor was a foot shorter than me -_- ...not to mention a homosexual old fart (I was expecting a hunky, lithe man whose looks would inspire me a bit more to learn...regardless of his sexual orientation. Think Jai Rodriguez ^_^).

Anyway, I'm sure things'll get better. Besides, the skills I'll learn through these lessons ought to be worth the time. So what do I do when I'm not in voice/ballroom dancing class? Bake! ^_^ I've baked brownies and oatmeal cookies (they're a hit with my relatives, especially with my 7-year-old cousin) and my next project is chocolate souffle. Anyone wanna try? =)
JC got bored @ 5:19 AM

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com