Wednesday, April 20, 2005
I, the nutcase
This is totally the most awesome-tacular quiz I have ever taken! EVER! Wheehee! [Credit Tifa for discovering this quiz]

Maybe I'm just weird, but I've always had a fascination with mental and personality disorders. <---This is why one of my dream jobs was to be a psychologist (until I decided that becoming a Broadway actress would be much more fun). So the free diagnosis, I found, was pretty fucking awesome. And it's mostly true. Results below.
DisorderRating
Paranoid Disorder:Low
Schizoid Disorder:Low
Schizotypal Disorder:Low
Antisocial Disorder:Moderate
Borderline Disorder:Low
Histrionic Disorder:Very High
Narcissistic Disorder:High
Avoidant Disorder:Low
Dependent Disorder:Low
Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder:Moderate

-- Personality Disorder Test - Take It! --
-- Personality Disorders --




And below are the accompanying descriptions of the personality disorders I possess or am prone to (except for obsessive-compulsive, because everyone knows what that means). They're very helpful and enlightening, especially during that one moment when I saw my results and went, "Antisocial? But I'm not a loner!"

What is Antisocial Personality Disorder?

Quick Summary: A common misconception is that antisocial personality disorder refers to people who have poor social skills. The opposite is often the case. Instead, antisocial personality disorder is characterized by a lack of conscience. People with this disorder are prone to criminal behavior, believing that their victims are weak and deserving of being taken advantage of. Antisocials tend to lie and steal. Often, they are careless with money and take action without thinking about consequences. They are often aggressive and are much more concerned with their own needs than the needs of others.

Symptoms of Antisocial Personality Disorder:
-Disregard for the feelings of others
-Impulsive and irresponsible decision-making
-Lack of remorse for harm done to others
-Lying, stealing, other criminal behaviors
-Disregard for the safety of self and others


Hmm...so that explains my tendency to lie. But don't worry, dear friends, I do not lie when I tell you this: my conscience is crystal clear (because I've never used it)!

But I only scored a "Moderate" on Antisocial, so it's nothing much to worry about. I freaked out when I found out my Histrionic rating was "Very High", running around the room going all, "Histrionic? What the fuck is that?"

What is Histrionic Personality Disorder?

Quick Summary: People with histrionic personality disorder are constant attention seekers. They need to be the center of attention all the time, often interrupting others in order to dominate the conversation. They use grandiose language to discribe everyday events and seek constant praise. They may dress provacatively or exaggerate illnesses in order to gain attention. Histrionics also tend to exaggerate friendships and relationships, believing that everyone loves them. They are often manipulative.

Symptoms of Histrionic Personality Disorder:
-Needs to be the center of attention
-Dresses or acts provocatively
-Rapidly-shifting and shallow emotions
-Exaggerates friendships
-Overly-dramatic, occassionally theatrical speech



Well jeez, I never really considered myself as KSP. Ohmygod...am I? Am I? AM I?!? Holy shit it's the fucking end of the world 'coz I'm histrionic and I will kill you all in my quest for attention!

...Just kidding.

I think the worst extent of my histrionic tendencies is my unwavering ambition to become a Broadway actress, but is it so wrong to like singing, melodrama, and being in the limelight? They're just things that interest me, and I'd love to one day make a living on doing what I love and what I'm good at, which is overacting. Harhar.

Then I got a "High" rating on Narcissistic, which didn't really surprise me as I am a self-confessed narcissist. But here's the description anyway:

What is Narcissistic Personality Disorder?

Quick Summary: Narcissistic personality disorder is characterized by self-centeredness. Like histrionic disorder, people with this disorder seek attention and praise. They exaggerate their achievements, expecting others to recongize them as being superior. They tend to be choosy about picking friends, since they believe that not just anyone is worthy of being their friend. Narcissists tend to make good first impressions, yet have difficulty maintaining long-lasting relationships. They are generally uninterested in the feelings of others and may take advantage of them.

Symptoms of Narcissistic Personality Disorder:
-Requires excessive praise and admiration
-Takes advantage of others
-Grandiose sense of self-importance
-Lack of empathy
-Lying, to self and others
-Obsessed with fantasies of fame, power, or beauty

Again calling me out on the Broadway thing. FYI, I'm not obsessed, just overly ambitious is all. I have back-up plans, of course: my second career choice is flight attendant (Really! My Tita is an F.A. at Cathay Pacific and I luuuurve her lifestyle!), and my third option is writer/columnist. So there.


So basically, what the results are saying is that if worst comes to worst and these disorders get out of whack, I could become a criminal (Antisocial) or a fame whore (Histrionic and Narcissistic). Cool.

Try it out, it's fun...then tell me what kind of mental nutcase you'll turn out to be (while you're at it, place your results on your blogs to spread the insanity) and we'll all have a grand ole' time discovering that we're all evil psychos created to bring chaos to the world. Muahahaha...

Sorry, it's my histrionic side taking over me again.
JC got bored @ 11:14 AM

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com