Friday, May 06, 2005
May I have your attention please...I would like to exercise my right to gloat...
Indeed, it is true that there is a silver lining to every dark cloud: at least Constantine's exit came before the debut of Premium Blend (it's a stand-up comedy that airs at 8:30pm on Wednesdays) on Solar USA/JackTV, so I have something more interesting to watch in place of Dullsville, a.k.a. American Idol minus Constantine Maroulis. La lang. Stand-up comedy rocks. ^___^

More importantly, I'm beginning to realize that the untimely departure of my beloved Greek God might actually be better than winning the contest itself. How so? Well, at least he won't be forced to record a crappy "inspirational/autobiographical" song for his debut single, like Kelly Clarkson's "A Moment Like This" or Fantasia Barrino's "I Believe." Eeurgh *cringe*. And secondly, leaving AI far earlier than he deserved to go caused a lot of buzz and controversy---and, of course, more media attention for Constantine: he's appeared on Jay Leno, Ellen, Regis and Kelly, The Tony Danza Show, The Early Show on CBS, E! News Live (twice!), The Soup, Fox News (five times!!), Nickelodeon's U Pick Live, Good Day New York, Entertainment Tonight, and Access Hollywood among other shows; he did interviews for several radio shows, like WKST FM, Z100 FM, KIIS FM, KFAM FM, KFMB FM, and for websites like AOL.com, ItsDestiny.net and Kidzworld.com; he showed up at the White House Correspondents' Dinner where people cheered like mad upon his arrival; and he was even invited to Tobey Maguire's surprise party for his girlfriend, who was apparently a total Constantine fan (as Constantine said on E! News: "I showed up---and like, [there were] huge celebrites there, and everyone was like, freaking out that I came, 'cause she's, like, a big fan. She dropped, like, you know, Joel Silver was there, and Nikki Hilton, and she was like, 'CONSTANTINE!!!'"). And get this: rumor has it that he signed a modeling contract with Ralph Lauren (and we all know how great the Greek God looks in tight denim jeans...*drool*).

But no, that's NOT what I'm gloating about, believe it or not.

So I watch Premium Blend on Wednesdays instead of American Idol, right? Meaning I've totally ditched AI, although I managed to catch Bo's performances...and he was so goddamn-spanking hot in those lovely outfits. Grrr, baby, grrr. Carrie was okay, too, and my dislike for her is slowly decreasing. In fact, she's my second favorite among the remaining contestants (next to Bo, of course). Still wouldn't buy her CD, though LOL. ^__^

My mom watched, though, and she noticed that there were lots of empty seats in the audience, at which point I, in my immense schadenfreude, cackled louder than the Wicked Witch of the West. Empty seats! This, my friends, is the result of Constantine no longer being on the show. Empty seats! Many empty seats!

[Note: It's legit, folks---a report shows that American Idol's ratings were down the episode after Constantine's elimination.]

Another thing I'm really happy about is what happened the following day. I did NOT plan to watch the results show at all, but when my brother told me who got kicked off, I sooo had to watch.

Scott Savol, everyone! Scott Savol's going home! Yeeeeaaahhh!

The results show was shitty as expected---cheesy group song, Ford pimpomercial and all, but watching Scott totally humiliate himself made up for every single moment of crappiness. It was WICKED AWESOME.

It went like this: Anthony and Scott were sent back to the couch while Bo, Carrie and Vonzell were told to remain standing. Now, Anthony understood what was going on, and in fact, he even said quietly to himself, "It's not over," as he walked back to the couch, but the uber-moron Scott thought it meant he was safe, and he was gloating and "praising the Lord" again (but if you ask me, it looks like he was threatening the Lord), and upon reaching the couches, Anthony shook his head and had to explain to Scott that they, in fact, were not safe.

Funny. The 20-year old foreigner kid gets it while the 28-year-old parent of one doesn't.

You rock, Fedorov.

Moment of Awesomeness #2: In the recap, Ryan asks Scott what he expected to do the following day. Scott's answer? "Thinking about what song I'll be singing the following week." Hah! EAT CROW, YOU COCKY BASTARD!

Moment of Awesomeness #3: Final words of Scott's journey on Idol? "I just wanna be the guy that everybody loved."

*snort* ... *giggle* ... *guffaw*...BWAHAHAHAHAHA! [JC falls off chair laughing]

Scott's final song was "On Broadway", and although he totally butchered it, I was dancing around the living room---but I was singing a different song:

Ding, dong, the witch is dead!
JC got bored @ 2:15 AM

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com